Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Christmas Whirlwind

Christmas was a whirlwind :0). This year my family came to visit for Christmas. They arrived on the 19th, and just left a few days ago. It was awesome! I just love having a full house. There is so much to do. :0) The events were non stop between Joey's family and my family. Let me see if I can remember what all we did. Dinner at Eva's for my Mom & Ben, Marissa's baptism, helped at the Love Kitchen, DQ party, Christmas Caroling, Christmas Parties with both families Christmas Eve, Christmas parties all day with Joeys family Christmas day, Allen's wedding, fight night & Skippys farewell. Keep in mind each day had a seperate event :). It was a family marathon & we loved it! I will try to post some pictures of all these fun events. I didn't take any... but I know they are out there. So when we did have a few minutes we just chilled at home with Ben, Mom, Kirsten, Hayli, & Lane. We had a blast. It just felt like we had never lived apart. They stayed with us part time, and part time with Cari in Joseph City. What an awesome Christmas.

Well... today is the 11 week mark. Here is whats up with our baby.

11 weeks-WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY Your baby-to-be is about 50 millimeters crown to rump and weighs about eight grams (about a quarter of an ounce). The irises are now forming. The liver, intestines, brain and lungs are beginning to function on their own. The primitive "tail" is now gone. The intestines are beginning to migrate into the abdominal cavity and the external genitalia are present but difficult to distinguish. Now that most of the major organ work is done, your baby adds such details as hair, fingernails and toenails. While your baby's head is nearly as large as the rest of her body, head growth begins to slow during this period.

Next Wednesday I should be able to give you a rundown of our appointment. We should be able to hear the heartbeat! I'm so excited!!!

Talk to you soon!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

HEY! Congrats on being prego! So exciting!!!How have you been? What are you up to these days? Glad you guys had a good Christmas!!

The Lewis Lovebirds! said...

HEY you blog! YES!! congrats on the baby, you are gonna be the best. you are so fun. hey email me your email, and darbi's to so i can add you. janilynnlewis@hotmail.com.

KarieK said...

YAY YAY YAY YAY!!!! You two so deserve the blessing and love and all the glory that comes with having kids!!! I am so happy for the two of you!!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

Woo hoo! We are so excited for you guys!!! Now Talen will have a little friend!!! ;) A baby is honestly a blessing an angle sent from god! You take care of yourself and that baby! Tell Joey, Kyle and I say hi!