Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Getting ahead of ourselves...

Hello all... as promised I am reporting about the Dr. Appt we had today. Joey just managed to make it in time. He was in globe and almost missed it completely. Today the only goal was to hear a heartbeat. The nurse was "unable" to find a heartbeat meaning we needed an ultrasound. We waited a while and finally got it to have the ultrasound. The great news is.... there is a very strong heartbeat! We got to hear it and it was really amazing. This next bit of information may be confusing but I will try to explain the best I can. The reason we have had so much trouble getting pregnant is that my body is EXTREMELY irregular. Meaning there were times I went 6 months without a cycle, and that is just how it was. Well... the Dr. bases how far along you are on your last period. The date I gave was in October. The Ultrasound however indicated that our little angel (which is so cute even though it's not very distinguishable) is only 8 weeks and 3 days. Yeah... that one threw me off a bit. So with that said our new due date is August 16th. We are so excited, and Joey feels like he gets to make up for lost time or something :0). I guess another month to prepare. So all is well, and a very healthy MacGregor baby is indeed in the works. Thanks for all your love & support. I'll keep you posted, although you already know what will be happening with our baby for a least the next 4 weeks :0).

4 comments:

KarieK said...

Heartbeats are always the best!! Just know that U/S are always a "guess". They told us that the twins were to be 6lbs each roughly...yeah we got ONE 6lb'r and an 8lb'r!!! Still awesome news! Enjoy this new adventure in your lives! So glad you guys are sharing with everyone!!

Curtis, Crystal, Vance, Kael, and Merek Birdno said...

Lyn congratulations!! I can't believe that nobody told me!! I am thrilled for you guys. The heartbeat is awesome and it never ceases to amaze me at how much of a relief it is to hear that little thud. I hope you are doing ok. It sounds like you have had some sick spells but hopefully it will soon be behind you and you can just enjoy the experience. We love you guys!!

Anonymous said...

Lynsi! I'm so happy for you guys and your pregnancy! I hope everything is going well! i can't wait to see you guys! Love you!

Britney said...

That is great news Lyns!! I can't wait to go baby shopping!! Take care of yourself!!!!