Wednesday, January 28, 2009

11 weeks and counting

I can't wait for the Superbowl!!!! My reasons are two fold :). First of all, so excited for the Cardinals! They are already champs in my eyes! Our Superbowl Tradition is going over to Joey's sisters, eating pizza, watching the game, and she and I try to put together a 1000 piece puzzle before it is over. We haven't finished one yet, but we try every year. I'll let you know how we do :). My 2nd reason is we will finally be caught up! Since they bumped us back to 8 1/2 weeks time has gone by so slowly :). On Superbowl Sunday we will be officially 12 weeks! Yahoo! Hopefully that will bring a farewell ceremony for the morning sickness, and a welcome ceremony for the "new energy" everyone says I will get. Just for the record I have never in my life been so happy to be sick. It gets rough sometimes, but mostly I feel sympathy for those around me (I can't stand hearing someone throw up). It is an awkward situation for anyone to be in. But I would go through it all nine months if it meant that I would have a healthy happy baby at the end of it. Joey is still up to his sweetness. He says the cutest things and doesn't really know it. For example... lately I have felt.... fat. Not pregnant, or oh so cute, or like I'm growing in one specific direction. Like bloated, expanding everywhere, odd & just fat. From what I hear this is typical of the ever changing pregnant body. So I figured keeping these feelings of yuck to myself was in every one's best interest. I don't remember what I was doing, but I caught Joey giving me a sideways look. Not being able to read exactly what he was thinking I asked... What does that look mean? He says "nothing". Well... when do you think you will start showing? Again one of those moments when I could just squeeze him to death. The fact that he wasn't thinking... umm your not "that" far along, lets try and hold that in a little longer huh? was remarkable. My head has lead me to believe that every person I talk to is thinking that anyway. But honestly to hear him and see his eyes truly ask me was amazing. I felt so good. He is getting a little anxious lately to see our little one grow. He feels either I should have a growing belly, or we should have a new picture that shows our growing child. I guess he is just looking for a progress report :). Well we have a checkup on Monday, so I will let you know how it goes. They might do an ultrasound, thought it is highly unlikely since we just had one a few weeks ago. Who knows. I'll get you new pictures of baby MacGregor as soon as possible :)

Here is our 11 week update.

Your fig-size baby is now fully formed — measuring 1 1/2 inches long and weighing a quarter of an ounce. His skin is still transparent, allowing his blood vessels to show through. Some of his bones are beginning to harden. His fingers and toes have separated, and he may soon be able to open and close his fists. He's busy kicking and stretching, but because he's still so small, you won't feel any of his aquatic workouts for another month or so. As your baby's diaphragm develops, he may also start getting the hiccups.

0 comments: