Monday, December 15, 2008

Our new addition...

Truth is I'm just not that great at blogging. This is my attempt to keep everyone posted on what is going on. Last week Joey and I found out that we are pregnant! Yeah!!!!! It has been a long wait for sure, but now the wait doesn't feel like it was all that bad.

Also on the MacGregor bullitin is my first Deer kill. With my bow at 62 yards none the less. Joseph is ever so proud :). It is just a little guy, but I'm sure he'll be good eating. We are looking forward to heading down in January for more deer, and pig hunting. It really is a good family adventure :).

Back to the baby news (WARNING: It is likely that baby news will be almost all I blog about for the next 7 months). Which brings us to our first question. How far along are we? Tommorrow will be the first day of our 9th week. Below is the technical breakdown of what is going on with our little one.

9 WEEKS-WHAT'S HAPPENING WITH YOUR BABY

This week, your baby-to-be grows to between 20 and 28 millimeters from crown to rump, or about an inch. Weighing in at one gram, your baby is very active, although you can't feel its movements. He or she now has all the major organs, muscles and nerves. A Doppler may be able to identify the heartbeat. While testes and ovaries are formed, external genitalia appear sexless, which is why it is too early for an ultrasound to reveal gender. Eyelids are beginning to form and the trunk is straightening and elongating.


As for personal experience... I'm feeling a little sick throughout the day, but it really gives me confidence that we are actively moving forward in a healthy pregnancy. Our next appointment is January 7th which should allow us to hear the heartbeat. Wow! I can't believe all of this moves so fast! I'm reading every article, book, & magazine I can get my hands on :0).


Well thats about it for now. I will try to keep you posted as much as possible. Thanks for stopping by :0).

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay!!!! I'm super excited for you guys! Thanks for the fun night on Saturday. Love you so much!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

Lindsey!!!! Hi its Katie Slone! Congratulations on the BABY, Kyle and I are so happy for you guys! Woo Hoo!!! You take care of your self and that baby, keep us posted :) Take care, keep in touch!!! So glad you are bloging now!

The Francis 4 said...

CONGRATS! Im so truely happy for you guys! Being a parent is aamzing! Congrats again! YAH YAH!!

J*T*B*B said...

Hey Lindsey! It's Taren Webster - now Colwell. I am not sure you remember me? Anyway, congratulations on your pregnancy! How exciting! I am happy for you! Take care!

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?