Monday, March 30, 2009

It's a girl!

We have had an idea for a while, but the appointment today confirms that we are having a little girl! We are so excited! She is now 12 oz, and I think I saw the monitor read the heartbeat at 155 bmp. Not 100% sure on that one. Everything looks really healthy, and it looks like all fingers and toes are present. We even got to see the 4 chambers of the heart. Kinda strange, but really neat, and oddly comforting. I have two favorite moments from this appointment, and I think Joey shares the same two. The first was the hiccups. There was a side view of her and we could see her little heart pumping, and every few seconds you could see her whole body move. She had the hiccups! The second was when we were looking at her face. I don't have any pictures that show it, but we got a really clear view of her and the tech said she had my button nose. We both just smiled. I'll have to watch the video tonight to see what we actually caught on tape, but it was amazing! I was a little cranky going in because I had overfilled my bladder by a long shot, but they let me take care of that and we ended up having a really comfortable sitting. She stayed pretty curled up, but our tech said it was because it was snowing outside. Didn't realize that would make a difference. Next ultrasound (28 weeks) I'm going to revert back to the apple juice approach. So... all is well, everyone is healthy, & we are so excited to start planning a future with our baby girl! I know Joey is going to be wrapped around her finger, and I... well let's just say I will be getting what I deserve. If this little one puts me through half the stuff I put my Mom through I'm really in for it. I can't wait! Thank you all for the love, support & prayers! We really do appreciate it. Love you so much! ~The MacGregors

5 comments:

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey congrats. I'm so happy for you guys.

Maggie said...

My vote is for Greenlee.....:) Whatever name she has, she will be the most beautiful brown haired blue eyed girl in the world...with an auntie that will love her more than any little girl has been loved.

court said...

yipee! we are so excited it's a girl! she will have joey wrapped around her little finger that's for sure! haha but i think that is the way it is supposed to be! corban said he knew it was going to be a girl! congrats!

Anonymous said...

WOOHOO!!! Lynsi i'm so excited for you guys! Are first is a girl and yes scott is definately wrapped around her finger!! I love it so much! You are going to have so much fun! Let me know when your baby shower will be!!! I can't wait to see you...love you guys! Congrats!

Uncle Tom said...

Yahoo! We're thrilled! Girls are the BEST!