Wednesday, March 4, 2009

the amazing appointment....

What an amazing appointment we had today! We had heard from a few sources that the Dr. I go to has let people see at 16 weeks what there were having. I wasn't going to ask for it, but I wanted to be prepared just incase. Joey had heard from a friend to drink apple juice before you go in because it gets the baby moving around. Little did we know this decision would be the reason we were able to have an ultrasound this month. Because of all the sugar the baby was moving around too much and they couldn't get a heartbeat.... so we got to get an ultrasound! I had been looking forward to this since our first because I had tons of worries that the baby might not be growing like it should... etc. I'm told the worries never go away. It turns out the baby is growing just as it should. We are a healthy 6 oz, and the heartbeat was 164. It was incredible! The baby was moving around so much! It was precious! I've seen other peoples ultrasound pics, but not really go into it. So different this time around. To see it move and squirm was amazing! I knew it was happening, but not being able to feel it yet it was still pretty amazing how much it is moving! It seemed that when I would say something it would respond. Loved it! Alright... so I realize if you wern't there these pics don't mean the same thing, but I will try to interpret.



This is the face of our little angel. You can see it's right hand up next to it's mouth.



This one shows a head (I think it is the face, but the tech didn't say it was or wasn't), a left hand, a plump tummy & a long umbilical cord streaming off to the right.
Here is a side view of baby MacGregor. The cutest thing was the legs crossed. You can't really tell here, but it was one of my favorite moments. Head up top, right arm covering face, and right leg.


This one is the most controversial pic. According to the tec we are looking a the babies rump as if it were sitting on a glass table. So... if you look at the 3 lines she pointed out this picture would indicate we are having a little girl. We still will not know for another month, but that is what we know for now.
So... as you can see it really was a very eventful appointment. I'm not sure if I'm ready to start calling it a "she" yet, but it's almost hard not too. I will promise to refrain from purchasing girl stuff until the next appointment when we really do have a better idea, but I'm feelin pretty good about the tech being right on the money. I can't explain the amazingly good feelings coming out of that appointment. Everything is going so well, progressing as it should, and I'm feeling super lately! I guess I am waiting for someone to tell me it has all been a dream. I can't believe we will finally have a little angel of our own. With our nose... our eyes... and our curly brown hair (heaven forbid this child should come out blonde or red headed :0) I might have some splainin to do). We could not be more excited about our little miracle.

10 comments:

Breann Bryant said...

That is just so great!!! No matter what it is I am so excited for you two. :)
Love ya,
Breann

Kassi Jane said...

yeah so exciting our girls can play together! or if its a boy they can still play together!

rumzisfamily said...

I am so excited for you guys! Let us know as soon as you find out for sure whether it is a girl or a boy!! Congratulation!

Kristine

The Francis 4 said...

Im so excited that you have gotten the chance to feel all these amazing feelings! You just dont understand it until you feel it yourself! IM SO EXCITED FOR YOU GUYS!! THINK PINK! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm soo sorry that you weren't added to my blog! i swear that i had you added!!!! We haven't been keeping up on our blog for so long that i haven't even been paying attention! You know i still love you! I'm sorry that i haven't been a better friend to you....i hope that your pregnancy is going really well!! I'm so excited for you! Please let me know when you are having a baby shower and i will be there, i promise!! Love ya!!!

Nicole said...

Okay, Sin Sin! I know that we have talked about this already and we're still on the fence about the whole gender thing. Not that it matters one way or the other if its a boy or girl because we will be blessed either way but April's first ultrasound told her it was a girl and her most recent ultrasound was a boy. You never know! We'll find out for sure in a couple of weeks but either way I am super stoked and can't wait to meet my litle cousin whom I've waited so long for! I love you!

Heidi said...

Lynsi~ CONGRATULATIONS! This is Heidi (borrego). I spotted your blog on Darbi's blog :) Hope you don't mind.
So how come there aren't any pictures up yet of your cute forming belly? Being pregnant is AMAZING! So many good/bad things to experience!
I am so excited for you guys Babies are so wonderful.

April said...

Yay! That first ultrasound is so amazing! Good idea to wait on buying girl clothes. At 16 weeks were told it was a girl and at 20 weeks it's a boy! Hope to see you soon! April

TrAvIs aNd SaVaNnA said...

Hey its savanna slone! I just wanted to tell you congrats on the baby. That is so so exciting!!!

jasonandjannafamily said...

Hey lynsi I just came across your blog and I wanted to say hi, I have talk to you for so long. Congrat!! kids are so much fun. I hope everything is going good for you guys:)