Monday, April 13, 2009

Where has the time gone?

Wow! I can't believe how quickly this is all going by! It seems just yesterday that we found out we were pregnant, and here we are at 5 1/2 months. I'm feeling spectacular... except for the congestion I have had for the past 2 days. It's crazy to think about what I will be doing 6 months from now... 1 year from now... just the future in general. Our little girl has been kicking like crazy! Not clearly defined as a hand or a foot, but there is definite movement. Joey got to feel it for the first time yesterday. He wasn't sure the first 2 times he felt her, but in the evening he was pretty sure he did. I think it takes a few times to really be able to identify it as movements rather than gas bubbles, a pulse, or breathing by mama :). Up until recently I have just wanted it all to rush by, but lately I find myself wanting it to slow down. August is coming quicker than expected. I am so excited and ready, and at the same time I don't know if I have been more afraid in my life. Are you ever really prepared for it? Can you ever be ready? I know we will do just fine, and everything will turn out better than I could have expected... but I have a hard time not really knowing what to expect. I have an idea of course, but I'm sure there is much more to it than I can even comprehend right now. I have been around kids my whole life, but I have never had one be my whole life. I think if Joey and I can find a balance and really establish teamwork we will be just fine. It has been a while since I left and update from babycenter... so here you go.

How your baby's growing:At 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, your baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside your womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.

3 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

it goes by so fast! you guys will be great dont worry!

Kyle Katie and Talen Slone said...

You guys will do great!!! It honestly just comes to you, promise!!! :) It really does go by to fast, so enjoy it!!! Take care!! You looked great by the way when we saw you at the service!

rumzisfamily said...

Teamwork is key!! You will be great parents and I am so excited for you guys to have all the joys parenthood brings! So much fun! Hope you guys are doing great.