Monday, February 9, 2009

Snow, Shrimp, & Sugar Cookies

Those 3 items have nothing in common right? Those are just the things on my mind today. The snow because it is snowing like crazy outside. They are big fat flakes! I have been told if they are big flakes it means there will be little amounts of snow, and if they are little flakes you will get a big snow. So not true! Is that like if you sleep facing the north, and crave sweets it will be a girl? (By the way... I so don't buy any of that bs! Details later). Anyway... the snow is coming down. I'm not very happy about it because it got really nice and warm last week, but you can't say it isn't beautiful! I could watch it for hours! Being bundled up isn't so bad after all. It hides the belly that people confuse between possibly pregnant, and hugely overdosing on doughnuts!

Shrimp??? For some reason can't even stand the idea of it lately, but I read that our baby is the size of a Medium shrimp right now, so of course all I can see is shrimp. Here is the 13 week update (I can't believe it's already been another week!!!) How your baby's growing:Fingerprints have formed on your baby's tiny fingertips, her veins and organs are clearly visible through her still-thin skin, and her body is starting to catch up with her head — which makes up just a third of her body size now. If you're having a girl, she now has more than 2 million eggs in her ovaries. Your baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce.

As for the Sugar cookies! Oh my gosh! I got some of the soft sugar cookies, because I really felt like I "needed" them (apparently you can just need food in pregnancy and no one questions you! Crazy!), but once I got them I was very disappointed. They had nothing that I had wanted. I barely finished the one I started and passed the rest on Joey's buddies at fight night. A couple days later I still felt this need for sugar cookies. I don't usually like the hard ones, but man oh man! They were money! The hard ones that have all the sprinkles on them... I still have the sprinkle proof stained on my tongue, and my thumb & pointer finger. I have tried not to eat them way to fast, but it has seriously been so hard. I brought 2 to work today one for today and one for hopefully the next couple of days. No Way! Those things were gone in 10 minutes! I hate them a little bit, but mostly I am in love with them. My only hope is that Safeway and Walmart discontinue them. Unlikely :).

Speaking of food that is making me happy... I love pickle spears. Not the slices, or the whole ones, but the spears. MMM... I bought the biggest jar ever! It's like the ones you get at sams club. So awesome! Anyone who has been pregnant understands, however my husband has made fun of me to no end about the dang pickle spears. I defended them as much as I could telling him they were crisp and refreshing and made me feel good. He simply would not listen & said I was gross. As I was fishing for pickle spears the other day guess who wants one? That's right... Mr. MacGregor. So I get him a pickle spear on a napkin. Mmmm... that was good, with bashful rosey cheeks he asks in his sweet voice... can I have another? After I finished my victory dance I got him another pickle spear. We have been eating them like crazy ever since. I love it!

One last thought and I will wrap it up. These old wives tales that tell you what gender your having are BS! Some of them are down right ridiculous! Honestly! What if you crave sweet and salty things, sleep on both of your sides, dream about boys & girls, have one smooth and one dry hand, not to mention the ring on the string goes back and forth and in circles??? Does that mean your having a hermaphrodite? I don't think so. They are 50/50 anyway right? Silly silly. A healthy baby will do.... boy or girl. Ok then. That's enough for today. I'm going home before the roads get too bad. Luv ya! ~ The MacGregors~

2 comments:

Kassi Jane said...

isnt'nt so weird the things pregnant women go threw!

Anne said...

Lynsi - Hey, I got your e-mail and loved reading your blog to see what you've been up to! I haven't talked with you in forever...I hope you remember your long lost cousin! :) I'm excited to hear the news of you being pregnant! Congratulations! I'm actually pregnant as well, with a baby boy and due on May 29th. So, I totally understand the cravings...although I never go for sugar cookies! I loved reading on your blog about Christmas time and all the family you saw. I miss seeing all of you guys. Life for Carlos, Corina, and I is wonderful. We also have a family blog...I will send you an invitation in a seperate e-mail because it is a private blog. Let me know if you have any problems getting on. I hope you have a great day and it was great to hear from you! Love, Anne (Hansen) Aragon